October 17, 2008

Need Decorating Advice

OK so we are in the middle of doing a bunch of renovations to our house, so these are kind of the before pictures. I would really appreciate input from other people on how to make our home a welcoming, and cozy place. I like casual, traditional design. Anyway some specific questions I have are; what do I hang on the walls of a long, narrow hallway?...hang stuff on one, or both walls?
We have our computer desk in the living room, what would make that area more appealing? Also what do I put on the wall beside the window? Window treatment?(For the two windows in the living room, and the one above the sink)
Also how would you rearrange the furniture in the living room, it is long and narrow and open to the kitchen. I want to get rid of the entertainment stand and either get a smaller corner one or just get a piano. I also wanted to buy slipcovers for the couch and love seat, but apparently that is a no-no, custom made is the way to go. For more info visit designwithchristine.com
We have already refaced our cabinets and put on new white doors, next we are going to replace the counter top and put in new flooring. I'm excited that things are getting done, but like my husband I look forward to our home being a sanctuary, not a project. Any advice on how to make that happen would be greatly appreciated. I'll post after pictures when I'm done.