September 24, 2008

The Big 3-0

I have officially joined the 30s club and so far so good. On Sunday I went to a birthday party thinking that it was for a friend of ours, little did I know that it was actually for both of us. He also was fooled into believing that it was only for me. Anyway we both ended up being surprised. We had a great time with a lot of our mutual friends. Jamie and Doug did a great job planning the party, I feel very blessed to have both of them in my life. If you want to read more about the event you can go to Jamie's post at blessings-upon-us.blogspot.com. (Jamie I hope you don't mind me copying the picture).

On my actually birthday I just did normal things around the house with the exception of going out for lunch with my husband and in-laws and then later getting to go out on a date with my husband. And then today we just kept right on celebrating at the in-laws for supper. Doug really wanted to recreate my 20th birthday party today (that was a year after we met), but the wind didn't allow it. It was a cool idea anyway and I still had fun. I truly feel very blessed to have such wonderful people in my life.