August 27, 2008

Back to School

Well it is that time of year again, but this year I have two boys heading off to school. It is sad really how quickly time flies by. Anyway can you tell who is a little more excited to be going to school? Cameron had been whereing his backpack for three days before school started. Anson loves going to school and was looking forward to going back.
It was pretty exciting and special that Grandma got to come with us on the first day of school.
Cameron was pretty proud that he go to choose his own locker. Of course he chose a top one (the one right above his head)
Cameron was excited about the whole thing. This is where I left him. I hardly got his attention long enough to say good bye. Later on when I peeked in on him they were all sitting around in a circle and he didn't even have a clue that I was there. It sure makes it easier on Mom to 'let go' when they so excited about something.
Anson has a little harder time with change. He was close to tears. I think mainly because things are so different from last year. He is down a different hall, and because he is in a grade one/two split he hardly has any of the same kids in his class. And not to mention he gets to sit in a individual desk this year. Anyway I'm thinking that once he gets comfortable he'll once again love to go the school.

I know that I'm really excited about this school year. I was talking with the vice principal of the school this summer and she mentioned that they picked Anson for this class because he is so keen on learning and that he would do well learning some of what the grade twos are learning. Also with Cameron enthusiasm, I think that this is going to be a great school year.