February 8, 2008

Special Rice Krispie Squares

I mentioned in a previous blog that my youngest sister is engaged. She is getting married on June 28th. I am excited to be making a cookbook for her. (I am gathering recipes from family and friends). I came across this recipe from my friend Joanne and it was a huge hit with the boys.

1/2 c. margarine
1 1/2 c. butterscotch chips
1/2 c. corn syrup
5 c. mini marshmallows
1 tsp. vanilla
8 c. Rice Krispies
2 c. semisweet chocolate chips

Melt margerine, butterscotch chips, & corn syrup in a dutch oven sized pot. Add marshmallows & stir until melted & well blended. Remove from heat & stir in vanilla. Add Rice Krispies. Stir until all mixed. Press mixture into greased 10x15" cookie sheet. Melt chocolate chips over low heat. Pour over squares as icing. Refrigerate until chocolate sets.

These are yummy, even without the chocolate on top!