April 15, 2011

Birthday Boy.

I had to work on the day of Brandon's birthday, but I was able to to got out for lunch with him, Grandma, and Auntie Janelle. After supper we went and played at a playground. The first one we went to had to many puddles so we went to the one at CPES. It was also not the driest but better than the first one. It was also kind of cool that day, but Brandon still had fun. We celebrated Brandon's birthday on the weekend with two parties.
This picture is blurry, but I had to post it because Calliegh and Brandon get along great, but they also fight like brother and sister. Brandon was frustrated that Calliegh helped him blow out the candles. Maybe I should remind him how many times he has done that to his brothers.
Anson hanging out with Libby during the gift opening. Anson was bored because there wasn't anyone his age to play with. I had to remind him repeatedly that it was Brandon's day. (And no, Anson doesn't smile for pictures...I hope that it's just a stage)
Opening a gift from his friends that go to the same sitter as him.
Gift from Liam.
I had some organized games and activities for the kids, but they also just played nicely with the toys. It didn't get crazy until right before the parents came.


This year was the first year that we had a family party as well as a friend party. I'm not sure it was a good idea to do them both on the same day, because I was tired by the end of the day. Also we had the three families of the party kids join us after the party for supper, but by that time the kids were wild and the noise was overwhelming. It still was nothing compared to family gatherings on my side, but I felt bad for the guests who aren't use to that level of activity and noise.

Brandon cuddling with Cruze. Usually Cruze gets pretty tight squeezes. I'm not sure why he still goes near Brandon.

It is hard to believe that Brandon is four already. He still very much likes to cuddle with me. But I can tell that he is growing up because now he cares if he wins or loses at a game.