February 24, 2010

Surf's Up!

No, we didn't go on vacation somewhere tropical and go surfing. That would have been nice, but my little northern boy loves to watch Backyardigans and thinks that when we go sledding down a hill with a crazy carpet that we are in fact going surfing. Maybe one day he'll have a chance to do the real thing but for now this satisfies him.

Anson loves to go fast and would try crazy things if I let him. The day that we went sledding there were two boys about 12 years old on the same hill and they were doing some stunts which made me want to keep my boys the age they are now so I can keep an eye on them and protect them.

Cameron lays on the breaks as he goes down the hill and it takes him forever to get back up the hill, but he still has fun.


The most amazing (and only) fort on the block. Doug helped the boys make a pretty cool fort in the front yard. Cameron especially loves to play in it whereas Anson would rather play hockey on the driveway. The boys just had a week off of school and I was so thankful for the mild weather we had, they played outside quite a bit.



Cameron showing off his funky green teeth that he got from the grocery store free bucket. He wanted to wear them all the time, I'm not sure why, they looked uncomfortable to me.
As I mentioned the boys just had a week off of school and I greatly enjoyed having them home. On one such morning as I was peacefully having my coffee while the boys played quietly and I was thinking how nice it was that everyone was so relaxed and we didn't have to rush to get ready for school. So I commented about how much I was loving the pace of our week together. I mentioned that I should quit my job and home school the boys so that we could always have it, but Cameron quickly informed me that it was OK if I quit my job, but he was still going to school.
Now we are back to the busy pace of life and I'm feeling like I need to go on a spiritual retreat.