April 27, 2009

Our Bathroom

Doug and I (OK, I'll admit that Doug did most of the work) worked really hard on Friday evening and Saturday morning to get our bathroom looking like this:

AFTER
BEFORE

AFTER


BEFORE


AFTER


BEFORE
I realize that the before pictures look better that the after....at least I hope they do. But we did work really hard gutting the bathroom. It was a big job to tear everything out and patch some holes. Doug also had to remove the drywall around the tub because of some mold issues. Ah yes, the joy of owning an older home.
The rest of this week we'll spend doing some drywall mudding, painting, and plumbing. Then will come the fun part of putting in the new vanity, linen closet, toilet, tub and flooring.
I'm so thankful that we have a second bathroom in the basement and I am also very thankful that I have a handy husband who can do most of the work himself.