February 26, 2008

Heaven bound

I have a question. Do you think that people know if they are going to die soon?...Can they feel it? I always thought that my dad knew, because things were so different the month before he past away.
The reason that I ask is because Anson spent some time at a friend's house a couple of weeks ago and when the Mom dropped him off, she mentioned that Anson had told her that he was going to die soon. When we asked him about it, he didn't want to talk about it. Then today at school one of Anson's classmates told him that the race car driver Dale Ernhart was died. Anson is a huge Nascar fan so he found this quite upsetting and talked about it lots after he got home from school. Tonight after we were done praying we were talking about dying and heaven and he mentioned that he was going to miss me when he goes to heaven. I don't even want to think about one of my boys dying, but the truth is that we are all going to die one day (unless Jesus comes and gets us before than). I'm so glad that Anson has asked Jesus into his heart and that his eternity will be spent in heaven. But I still hope and pray that I have him for many more years and that he will grow up to be a mighty warrior for the Lord.