December 19, 2007

In Loving Memory

Today I am remembering my dad who died thirteen years ago on this day. He was a wonderful father who took us to church every Sunday and loved to buy us things. He was also a devoted son who helped his Mother come to Canada. Many financial sacrifices were made as a result of him helping others, and I believe that because of my dad's testimony a lot of his family now know the Lord.

It all happened so quickly...We attended our church's Sunday school program together as a family. My dad teared up as he often did when he was moved. Later at home we sat around in the living room eating treats out of our goodie bags, my dad was eating the peanuts, he was not much of a sweet tooth. It was getting late so I was going to call it a night, I got up to go to my room and my dad said goodnight to me and since we weren't a family who ever said goodnight or I love you to each other I just kept walking to my room. So again my dad said goodnight to me and I turned around and we made eye contact and I bid him a goodnight as well. And that is that last thing that we said to each other. He went to work early Monday morning and as he was loading his truck (he was a truck driver), he collapsed and died instantly of a heart attack. He was only 42 years old when he went to be with the Lord. My mom was widowed at the age of 38, and was left with seven daughters (most of us were teenagers at the time) to care for. My oldest sister was married with two daughters of her own. My dad is still missed to this day, but I am so thankful for God's faithfulness and goodness to us through all these years.